Great Sex Made Simple
Great Sex Made Simple:
Tantric Tips to Deepen Intimacy & Heighten Pleasure
Take your sex life from ordinary to extraordinary with this fun and easy-to-use beginner's guide to authentic Tantra.
Explore new and surprising sources of sensual delight with fifty-four Tantric techniques for enhancing intimacy and deepening pleasure. Proving that Tantric lovemaking doesn't have to take hours, Tantra experts Mark A. Michaels and Patricia Johnson present straightforward, simple practices that anyone can do. Along with fundamental principles of Tantric sex, you will discover amazing ways to prolong arousal, physically and spiritually satisfy your partner, maximize sexual bliss, and reach higher states of consciousness.
Praise for Great Sex Made Simple
"Patricia Johnson and Mark Michaels have written a compassionate and accessible guide to an often mysterious but valuable tradition, and made it relevant for today's readers who want to find more connection, spirituality, and care in their lives and love."
- Naomi Wolf, author of Vagina: A New Biography and The Beauty Myth
Great Sex Made Simple is at once fun and easy to use yet deeply attuned to the very essence of what our best sexual experiences can be."
"Here is almost-or perhaps a little more than-everything you wanted to know about the ancient esoteric exploratory arts of loving and mind expansion. . . . Attempting to re-instill the erotic wonder that is each of us in the universe, the author-couple has scribed a sort of deep sex-ed book for adults. The clearly written text is not only a how-to book to augment your love lives, but a history of modern sexual attitudes and suggestions for their wholesale, healthy revamping."
- Dorion Sagan, co-author of Death and Sex, winner of the 2009 New York Bookbinders Award
"Partnered or solo, Great Sex Made Simple bridges the gap between the religious, mystic and basic sexological principles that work to help increase awareness, intimacy, connection, and take your sex to the next level."
- Dr. Sonia Borg, Ph.D,. Sex Therapist and author of Oral Sex He'll Never Forget, Oral Sex She'll Never Forget, Spectacular Sex Moves He'll Never Forget, Spectacular Sex Moves She'll Never Forget, and Marathon Sex
"Michaels and Johnson's Great Sex Made Simple is one of the best books I have read on making the more esoteric Tantric techniques accessible and down to earth for real people wanting really good sex."
- Tammy Nelson, PhD, Board Certified Sexologist and Author of Getting the Sex You Want and The New Monogamy
"If you want to improve your sex life, deepen your connection with your partner, or develop an experiential knowledge of what Tantric sex is all about, Great Sex Made Simple is for you. Great Sex Made Simple stands apart for being straightforward, practical and user-friendly."
- Dr. Patti Britton, Co-Founder of SexCoachU and Director of the Sex Coaching Program at The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality
"An excellent basic introduction to the magick of Tantra . . . Easy and fun to read and absorb, use and explore."
- Shama Helena Malin, host of The Indulgence Show on the Sex Talk Radio Network and The Pleasure Paradigm
"A must read both for those who are just starting out and for those who are eager to dig deep."
- Pamela Madsen, author of Shameless: How I Ditched the Diet, Got Naked, Found True Pleasure. . .And Somehow Got Home in Time to Cook Dinner
"Great Sex Made Simple is a sumptuous book to savor."
- Nan Wise, Ph.D. candidate, Cognitive Neuroscience at Rutgers-Psychology, and Certified Sex Therapist
"Mark Michaels and Patricia Johnson bring an essential, engaging, and groundbreaking perspective to Tantra and sexuality."
- Dr. Ruth Neustifter, Sex and Intimacy Educator, author of The Nice Girl's Guide to Talking Dirty
"This wise book reveals that the ultimate secret to sex is YOU-your attitudes, your presence, your ability to move energy. Mark Michaels and Patricia Johnson offer a rich trove of suggestions to expand mind, body, heart, and spirit to help you journey to a fully erotic sense of self and relationship."
- Gina Ogden, PhD, LMFT, author of The Heart & Soul of Sex, Women Who Love Sex, and The Return of Desire
"Mark Michaels and Patricia Johnson explore the Tantric approach to human sexuality at a level that has not been reached since the age of the great Indian texts such as the Koka Shastra and the Ananga Ranga."
-Dr. Jonn Mumford (Swami Anandakapila Saraswati), author of Ecstasy Through Tantra and A Chakra and Kundalini Workbook
"Written with a sense of humor and avoiding theoretical overload, this is the ideal first book for everyone interested in making Tantra a part of their lives."
- Donald Michael Kraig, author of Modern Sex Magick
Mark Michaels (Swami Umeshanand Saraswati) and Patricia Johnson (Devi Veenanand) are a devoted married couple who have been teaching Tantra and Kriya yoga together since 1999. Their teachings have been featured in several publications, including the Village Voice, Now Magazine, and Breathe Magazine. Senior students of Dr. Jonn Mumford, Michaels and Johnson have been named lineage holders of the OM Kara Kriya system for the Americas and Europe. Both have studied Bhakti Yoga with Bhagavan Das, Tantra with Dr. Rudy Ballentine, and have been featured in Dr. Judy Kuriansky's Idiot's Guide to Tantric Sex. Michaels is a graduate of New York University School of Law. He holds a master's degree in American studies from NYU and Yale. A playwright and translator, Michaels is past co-president of the Literary Managers and Dramaturgs of America. Johnson is a professional operatic soprano who has toured the United States, Europe and South America, and has performed with the New York City Opera, the Houston Grand Opera, and the Berlin Komsiche Opera.